Following on from previous successful family coaching courses, we will again be running 6 week course to give children and their parents an introduction to tennis in a fun and friendly environment. The sessions will be lead by qualified coach David Macnab.
The course will begin on Sunday 17th May 2014, and will last for 6 weeks. Each session will start at 11am and last for 1 hour.
The cost is £2.00 per adult and £1 per child under 16, per session, which we think is an absolute bargain for an hour’s coaching. Please tell your friends and colleagues about this excellent way to have fun with their family while encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
Not long to go till the start of a new, sunny (hopefully!), summer season at South Hants!
I am currently in the process of organising some Friday evening friendly matches (both on home turf and away) with other local tennis clubs, as in the past this has provided a brilliant opportunity for anybody who wishes to get a bit more match-play in, but who may not be regularly playing for the Teams.
It also maximises those wonderfully light summer evenings, is a perfect way to unwind after a long week, and not to mention the superb post-tennis teas we’ve had in the past… 🙂
If you are interested in playing in any of the matches please have a read through the dates below and contact myself directly and I can pop your name down to play. Matches usually kick off around 6pm and we aim to get x2-3 mixed pairs. If it is an away match and I’m playing too then I am quite happy to do lifts.
- Friday 8th May – Compton (Away)
- Friday 5th June – Swaythling (Home)
- Friday 10th July – Compton (Home)
- Friday 24th July– Clergy (Home)
- Tuesday 11th August – Swaythling (Away) (Swaythling can only offer a Tuesday)
The fixtures for the summer season are listed below. Please let your team captain know your availability as soon as possible! If you haven’t played for a team recently or at all, please speak to one of the captains or committee members about taking part.
Usually fixtures do not move date, but sometimes weather causes postponements.
- 23rd May – Away – V.A. Hampshire Club C
- 13th June – Home – Compton & Shawford A
- 27th June – Home – Totton & Eling A
- 11th July – Away – Warsash B
- 1st August – Away – Swanmore B
- 22nd August – Home – Littleton A
- 5th September – Home – Winchester B
- 19th September – Away – Lymington A
- 9th May – Home – Winchester C
- 30th May – Home – V.A. Hampshire Club E
- 27th June – Away – Swanmore C
- 11th July – Home – Warsash C
- 18th July – Home – Twyford
- 8th August – Away – Bassett B
- 15th August – Away – Compton & Shawford B
- 12th September – Away – Lyndhurst
- 2nd May – Away – Totton & Eling Mens B
- 16th May – Away – Kingswood Mens
- 6th June – Home – Wellow Mens A
- 20th June – Home – Lyndhurst Mens
These sessions will begin again on Wednesday 20th May from 7pm-8pm.
The sessions are aimed at intermediates. Complete beginners should attend the Sunday morning coaching which will begin on Sunday 17th May at 11am.
We will cover all the basic strokes, look at doubles tactics, serving and more. The sessions are fun and relaxed with plenty of opportunity for play with tennis drills aimed at improving your all round enjoyment of the game.
Everyone is welcome, cost for members is £4.00 Non members £5.00.
I look forward to seeing you there